I take the protection of your privacy very seriously. I will only use your personal information to deliver the service you have requested from me, and to meet my legal responsibilities.
Purpose of this notice
This notice describes how I collect and use personal data about you, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the current United Kingdom protection laws and any other national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, as amended or updated from time to time, in the UK (‘Data Protection Legislation’).
For the purpose of the Data Protection Legislation and this notice, I am the ‘data controller’ and ‘data processor’. This means that I am responsible for deciding how I hold and use personal data about you.
Your Personal Data
As part of my service I obtain personal data about you, for example,:
- when you request a consultation with me
- when you contact me by email, telephone, post or social media
The information I hold about you may include the following:
- your personal details (such as your name and/or address)
- details of contact I have had with you in relation to the provision, or the proposed provision, of my services
- details of any services you have received from me
- my correspondence and communications with you
How Your Personal Data May Be Used
I will only process your personal data for purposes necessary for the performance of my service to you and to comply with my legal obligations.
Your data will not be shared with any third parties.
Your personal data will be retained whilst I am providing a service to you.
I am required by legislation to retain certain data where we have ceased to provice a service to you. The period of retention required varies with the applicable legislation but is typically five or six years. To ensure compliance with all such requirements it is my policy to retain all data for a period of seven years from the end of the period concerned.
I have put in place commercially reasonable and appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed.
I have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
Rights of Access, Correction, Erasure and Restriction
Your duty to inform us of changes
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Should your personal information change, please notify us of any changes of which we need to be made aware by contacting us, using the contact details below.
Your rights in connection with personal data
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data. This enables you to receive details of the personal data I hold about you.
- Request correction of the personal data that I hold about you.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask me to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for me continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask me to delete or remove your personal data where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask me to suspend the processing of personal data about you, for example if you want me to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to you or another data controller if the processing is based on consent, carried out by automated means and this is technically feasible.
If you want to exercise any of the above rights, please email email@example.com
Changes To This Notice
Any changes we may make to my privacy notice in the future will be updated on our website.
If you have any questions regarding this notice or if you would like to speak to me about the manner in which we process your personal data, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 07414 690151 .
You also have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues, at any time. https://ico.org.uk/concerns
Google Analytics Cookies
Refusing or Deleting Cookies
You may refuse or delete cookies by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse or delete the setting of cookies. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our site.
You may opt out of Google Analytics without affecting how you visit our site - for more information on opting out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites you use, visit this Google page.